Subscribe

the first date

Posted by charles on Thursday, October 30, 2008

First date.







An hour alone in the car, I was driving but sneaking sideways glances at you, both on the way to the Makati and back. You talked and talked and I thought, "God, I love the sound of her voice." You smiled at me and it made me break out in fleshy goosebumps, dancing like the little ballerinas along my skin. We got out of the car and started across the parking lot, I held out my arm for you, my heart almost jumped out of my chest when held my mine.



Inside the exhibit, I gazed intently at the paintings and out of the corner of my eye, saw you gazing just as intently at me. My heart fluttered like butterfly wings. We ate dinner and I devoured my entire steak in front of you, never once thinking as I normally did on first dates, "Am I eating too much? Do I look like a pig?" I batted my eyes at you and felt more handsome than I had ever felt before.



Sitting beside you on the stool in front of the waterfall bar, listening to the sound of the water crashing down, the melodic roar of voices all around us, and feeling like we were completely alone in our own cocoon.



Just you and I.



Pretending I didn't see you studying me, smiling, I people-watched a bit and laughed softly in my head. "You have beautiful eyes." You told me and I swear, I almost melted off the barstool into a sloppy puddle at your feet. No one had ever told me that before. On the ride back home, as night tickled the sky with its black-tipped paint brush, I gently grabbed your hand. My callused thumb stroked, feather-soft and light as a child's touch, against the inside of your palm and my heart started to thump once again like a mad dance of delight in my chest.
Back home, your lips on mine, I thought, "I could get lost in her kiss." Your hands on my shoulder



I never wanted to let go.



Almost 2 years later, I can still get lost in that kiss.

22 comments:

the spool artist said...

love the story and the accompanying picture... ahh, the wonderful roller coaster called being in love... will watch out for more stories and posts from you soon!

Unknown said...

hey charles! ah first dates.. i got an awkward one. It's not good to date someone you have nothing in common with.

nice blog by the way.. i enjoyed reading

pusangkalye said...

Charles--my 1st time to see you around Charles. Thanks for the comment. added u in my blog list okay. Hope to see you around more often....

The Dork One said...

kilig moments!

buti nag post ka na

Marvin Valiente said...

hi poh...

kilig...

add po kita ha...

Jhamy whoops! said...

awww... sweet.. nice post.. salamat sa pag daan sa aking muting blog!

cHaMpIoNiJo said...

nice one...
you must be so in love...
that's a good thing :-)

superboi said...

nice :) still inlove. i do hope you get lost in her kisses for the rest of your lives :) stay happy and smiling

lucas said...

wow... you write really good as well, man...

it's cool to know that you could lost still get lost in her kisses. unfortunately for some, they get lost in kisses but not to just one. hahaha!

i'll link you up.

peace out!

Noel said...

thank you for the visit. nice blog, keep it up. :)

jayclops said...

hey charles. thanks for droppin' by. keep those kisses coming then! hehe

gillboard said...

hey charles... nice story you got there... welcome to the blogworld.. more posts from you, i hope!!!

Nyanya said...

aaaaw, it's been a while since I've read a story on romance....:-), nice blog by the way! keep updating it, ill add it on my blogroll!!!

♥ мамаѕнцĝаŕ ♥ said...

well she's one hellava lucky lady. spread tha luvin ;) cheers!

pusangkalye said...

musta napo dito? have you thought of leaving a chat widget? mas handy pag me mga new visitors ayt? what do you think?tc

Anonymous said...

nakakainlab naman! haizzz... love story!

KRIS JASPER said...

i love the lay out... really nice

Anonymous said...

geez. one post and you've got tons of kilig reactions already.
loved it as well.
you must be some writer. ;-)

oh, was just blog hoppin'. worth the hop!

Anonymous said...

MEMORABLE TALAGA LAHAT NG FIRSTS.. HEHE. NAPADAAN LANG PO MULA SA BLOG NI...HMM.. NAKALIMUTAN KO. HEHE.

Admin said...

Kakakilig.... nanunuot hanggang bones... hehe :)

Better Than Coffee said...

wooow. what was that? im hearing hopeless romantic. hehehe.

love,
nobe

www.deariago.blogspot.com
www.nobe112681.blogspot.com

pusangkalye said...

Charles---I could see you around often but I am quite puzzled if you have a new blog or what coz the post here was long time na at dipa updated,....baka ako ang di updated. please feel free to leave a message,....

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)